Monday, 6 June 2011

Snakeskin...

...'cus I'm classy like that. This is deliciously White Trash, I feel like I should be wearing a matching pair of trousers and Crocodile handbag. Mmmmm.

I reckon I'm probably building up to some sort of crazy safari manicure, with the theme of animal prints emerging! I had wanted to try this image from the new BundleMonster set for a while, I was just trying to figure out the colour combos, which I'm not sure I've got spot on! I started with a coat of Barry M Mushroom (I'm not sure if this is because it's quite old now, but this is now a perfect one-coater, though I'm sure it's not always been!). I then sponged on Claire's Jade Green, down either side of each nail. I used Miss Sporty Electric Beige to stamp with:

I remembered after the pictures, that I had used Electric Beige instead of Catrice Be My Millionaire!


I added Claire's Matte Topcoat over the design, and I really prefer it! What do you think? I love the feel of mattified nails as well, they're all smooth and velvety, I keep rubbing them on my face - weird? Yes.



Wooo hoo, snakey fingers, I'm off to explore the Jungle (and by Jungle, I mean Pub).

In keeping with the wildlife theme, I entered the Tiger Nail Art into Swaafie Blog's Inspired competition, and voting is now open! If you love me, you can head over and give me a vote! My design is number 3, and you've got until the 8th! There are so many amazing designs, and you can vote for your favourite three, so GO MENTAL! I would really appreciate you taking a look :D:D

"Check out Swaafie's contest, it's GGRRRRRRREAT!"  (I'm a loser) click here to see the original post


I hope you're all having a wonderful Monday!

30 comments:

  1. I have not seen a better snakeskin mani anywhere ever.

    You have a real claim to be the best nail-artist of all the British bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, snakeskin looks so good =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the snakeskin mani & wow to the tiger one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tried leaving a comment twelfty times (I exagerate) but blogger was being a mare, hope this goes through...

    LOOOOVE the snakeskin, don't see that very often, so... yay!

    Your tiger mani is STILL my most favourite tiger mani ever though. I voted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the tiger mani. Could you post a link?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this looks so perfect!! Amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super manis! Especially the tiger one. I'd love to vote for you. But it would have been a help if you would have left a link to Swaafie's Blog. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Snakeskin is trully a snakeskin mani, wow, I don't think there is a better one out there, I love it! And I've already voted for the tiger mani before you even posted it, I thought it was one of the best in the competition. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Im such a tool haha, forgot to put the link in! its in there now @Shang J! and @Mrsrexy! SO SORRY!!!!

    thanks for the kind words everyone!

    @jaljen - that is the best compliment anyone could give me! hank you so much im thrilled :D:D:D

    Thanks @tilly :D:D:D i love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning. The snake skin mani is actually, VERY realistic. I need to get a grasp on stamping and get me that plate!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks! But I was so impressed with your mani that I googled the blog pronto and voted for you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the snakeskin! And, good luck in the contest! I voted for you, love that design. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's even more beautiful matte ! I like it a lot .

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the snakeskin mani. I've never seen one like that before!! I also like the feeling of matte nails and rub them on my face...Lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the snakeskin mani! And the tiger is pretty phenominal, good luck with your contest entry! I am sure you'll win :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I freaking love this mani. Seriously. I've seen it on a million people and I am DYING to do it! I don't have the new plate though!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this! It looks fabulous matte, and very close to the real thing! Plus, it's good to know that i'm not the only one who can't stop touching my nails when they're matte- so velvety! haha

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wooow!! These look super cool!!! The tiger looks great:D I love them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really like the color combo you used for the snakeskin!
    I am a new follower from seeing Swaafie's contest. You got my vote as your tiger mani is amazing! I had to see your tutorial to believe it wasn't some kind of stamp lol.

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are proper Kid Rock nails! On another note I've voted for you - it looks like you are winning x

    ReplyDelete
  21. This looks so creative and cool. I also already voted for your design, I loved it the moment I saw it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my this is super cool! Really looks likea snakes skin!
    Oh, new follower here. Nice blog BTW. :)

    XOXO,
    misskatv beauty straight forwards

    ReplyDelete
  23. That is a great look, even though snakes give me the willies LOL. Great manis!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Amazing snake skin nails :) not a massive fan of snakes but you've made it look soo pretty.
    Beth x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fierce !
    I love how it looks !
    Xx. S

    ReplyDelete
  26. your manis are gorgeous!(:

    please check out my blog

    ReplyDelete