Todays Manicure was actually very quick and easy, although freehand. No tiny shapes and intricate parts to consume time, you can do the whole thing in 4 steps (I should really do a tutorial for this). It was inspired by Sakura, Japanese Cherry Blossom Trees - They're beautiful and are my favourite flower (is a blossom a flower? It is now.)
![]() |
| Obtained through Google Images. |
I painted American Apparel L'Espirit over my base coat, a beautifully smooth Lilac Creme, opaque in ONE COAT (although did two anyway). Using Barry M Mushroom, I then used a small paint brush to paint jagged tree branches in straight-ish, horizontal lines across the nail. Once this was dry, I used a small dotting tool to dab in spots of American Apparel Coney Island at the end of the banches, and then repeated with Superdrug MUA Medium Pink. Here are the results:-
![]() |
| all pictures in natural light - no sun! |
![]() |
| my camera HATES purples - this is slightly more lilacy IRL, and less cornflower blue. |
![]() |
| flutter by! |
As you can see, I added some Fimo Cane butterflies, purchased from eBay. For those of you who don't know, Fimo canes are a nail art applique made from polymer clay that come in a long cane, with a design through the middle - see THIS post for more info. You can then slice them very thinly, with a craft knife, and stick the resulting piece onto the nail design. I was awful at slicing to begin with, but, like everything else, practice makes perfect, and I managed to slice these thinly enough that, with two coats of Seche Vite Topcoat, they were smooth to the nail and incorporated flat into the design. I prefer it this way because then I don't catch them on things, or pick at them, but you could cut them thicker and "perch" them on, to look like "real" butterflies - it's up to you!
It's a very Springy look, and I like the way it came out, but if I could change one thing it would be that it's maybe a little crowded - a few less branches next time :)
I BUM American Apparel polishes - the formula is perfect and their shades are great. the types of creme polishes are right up my street aswell - I love matte block colour, can't be doing with these shimmery polishes I'm afraid! They've bought out some new shades too, check it ooowwwwt. As I mentioned, L'Espirit is more lilacy and less blue, but my camera has a little cry when it sees purple - I have NO idea how to adjust the colour in any kind of editing program, either, so you will have to use your....
Imaginaaaaaaation.
Hmm. Too obscure?
x







hahaha i like the sponge bob.
ReplyDeleteand the nails are so cute! so simple but so intricate looking.
Hahaa Sponge bob. :)
ReplyDeleteI love what you did to your mani its really pretty. :)
So cute! :) I love it!
ReplyDeleteVery pretty mani! Plus, the Spongebob quote just made it that much better. :)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful mani!! :D I love the butterfly fimo.. It jus makes it perfect :D
ReplyDeleteReally pretty :) What do you think of the MUA polish? I picked one up a few weeks ago but haven't used it yet, might get some more today...
ReplyDeleteLovely. The tree is often done in black. Soft brown is much nicer. I tried to do a blossom mani last spring but *thumbs down*...
ReplyDeletevery very pretty
ReplyDeletereally pretty..just saw your blog and love it..i'm your new follower..pls check out mine http://rakhshanda-chamberofbeauty.blogspot.com/and it'll be so sweet if you follow back. thank you
ReplyDeleteThat looks lovely!
ReplyDeletebeautiful!
ReplyDeletewhat a lovely blog!
ps. i also study literature
Your nails look cute
ReplyDeleteIhanat kynnet!!♥
ReplyDelete
ReplyDeleteيسعدنا تقديم كافة خدمات نقل العفش والشحن الدولى الى من السعودية الى الاردن من السعودية الى الامارات شحن من جدة للاردن تنظيف منازل وخزانات ورش مبيدات ومكافحة حشرات شحن دولى من الرياض للامارات
اضغط على الخدمة لتصل الى موقعنا
نقل عفش من جدة الى الاردن
شركة نقل عفش من جدة الى الاردن
شحن الاثاث من جدة الى الاردن
شركات نقل العفش من جدة للاردن
اجراءات نقل العفش للاردن
شحن من جدة الى عمان
شركات النقل البرى من جدة الى الاردن
شحن اثاث من السعودية الى الاردن
اجراءات نقل الاثاث من السعودية الى الاردن
شحن من جده للاردن
اسعار شحن الاثاث من السعودية الى الاردن
رش مبيدات ومكافحة حشرات بجدة
شركة تنظيف خزانات بجدة
شركة تنظيف منازل بجدة
==========================
نقل عفش من الرياض الى الامارات
شركة نقل عفش من الرياض الى الامارات
شحن الاثاث من الرياض الى الامارات
شركات نقل العفش من الرياض للامارات
شركة شحن عفش من الرياض الي الامارات
شحن من الرياض الى دبى
شركة نقل عفش من الرياض الى دبي
شحن اثاث من السعودية الى الامارات
شركة شحن عفش من الرياض الى الامارات
شركة شحن من الرياض الى الامارات
شحن من الرياض للامارات
شركة شحن من السعودية الى الامارات
شركة شحن من السعودية لمصر
شركة شحن من الرياض لمصر
اهم الخدمات التى تقدمها شركة انوار الحرمين فى مجالات نقل العفش والشحن الدولى بجدة مكة الطائف الرياض
ReplyDeleteشركة شحن من السعودية الى الامارات
شركة نقل عفش من جدة الى الاردن
نقل عفش جدة
شركه نقل عفش بجده
نقل عفش مكة
نقل عفش الرياض
شركات نقل العفش من جدة للامارات
شركة نقل عفش من الرياض الى الاردن
شركات نقل العفش من الرياض للامارات