Thursday, 21 April 2011

Diet Coke inspired

I was sat in the sunshine, guzzling a gallon of Diet Coke (more commonly referred to as Dissertation Fuel/Hangover Cure) and decided to transfer the pattern on the ASOS.com Competition bottles onto my naaaailllzzz. I could've incorporated some fun freehand in to this, but wanted to do something quick and easy.

I started with a base of Catrice Be My Millionaire (acquired recently from a giveaway win over at colourful bottle - thanks Dolores!). This is a rather sheer silver, so I applied 4 coats. I then used Barry M Bright Red to stamp with. I chose not to use the Konad Special Polish in red, because I wanted some of the shininess of the Silver to show through! Here is the bottle I used for inspiration, and some sunny pictures of the Mani!





I tell you, I think my nails are becoming free advertising space! This was a fun, and it was nice to do something quick, bright and eye catching! 
News on the Bundle Monster contest is that I didn't win, unfortunately, but never mind! I was going to buy the new set of plates (the prize) anyway, and it was fun to enter - thank you to everyone who gave me a vote, it is very much appreciated :D

I have just returned from an over night Spa day at a fancy hotel, for my 21st birthday (which isn't until June - any excuse eh?!) so I am nice and relaaaaaaaxed! I hope you're all well and lovely!

26 comments:

  1. Another great mani. So versatile because you could do red on black, black on red, millions of colour combos and they'd all work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant job, another great mani.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This may double as a Valentine's Day mani. Is the plate you used Konad or Fauxnad? I love the lips design, LOL.

    Awesome mani. Thumbs up

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great interpretation! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love diet coke, this immediately grabbed my attention. Great mani.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! Will totally be copying you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO pretty! I would wear this on my nails any day :D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this one!! I wish I had the BM plates but I'm totally gonna buy the new set as soon as it reaches amazon :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this it looks just like the color. Great color picks. Lucky girl early bday present.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great fun! Diet coke is my other addiction...it could be worse than diet coke and nail polish though lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. aww this is so cute! I love the inspiration for this mani too! So creative <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. that design is gorgeous! looks better than the bottle!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That looks great! I really love the lip stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have never seen a diet coke can like that! I love this, so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. this looks cute! good eye

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing ! I love how you just got inspiration from drinking a can of coke aswell ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! This is extremely cute! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the stamp! I wish I have that plate.
    By the way, I tag you
    http://liiyueh.blogspot.com/2011/04/tag-10-things-i-love.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is soooo damn cute! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This one turned out so cute! Great color combo :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. This mani is sooo pretty. A simple bottle of diet coke providing such inspiration. Very nice, well done :-)

    ReplyDelete