Sunday, 17 July 2011

Stripey Palm Trees!

I think I saw a design similar to this while browsing the world wide web, but can't remember where! (If anyone has any idea, let me know so I can give credit where it's due!) I wanted to use the palm tree image from Konad M29 again, and started with a base of coloured stripes, painted over white to make them "pop". If you want to know what any of the colours are, just ask in the comments!

I added the stripes using Claire's Black Nail Art Pen, and stamped the palm trees using Konad Black Special Polish:




Let me know what you think guys! We also have a lodger this week, he is very hairy and smelly and MENTAL. But we love him.
Jack, our temporary mutt. (Or Jacqueline, when he's naughty. Which is ALL THE TIME.)

xxxx

36 comments:

  1. Looks great! Perfect summer nails :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, colourful mani there! You must have great patience to sit down and do something like this, I am very envious!

    And Jack the "temporary mutt" is adorable, may I have him please?? :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really pretty mani, and the dog is super cute too <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh love this! I may borrow it myself. I've been looking to use my palm tree stamp and not sure with what~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that's so cute!! I love bright colors and that looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loooove this mani!!
    and Jack is really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a new fan. I love your nails! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks SO 80s! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always get such nail envy when I look at your blog, jealous!! I'm so messy with nail polish :( x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sooooo CUTE! =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are so pretty :) I love the black in between the neon stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Soooo cute. :) I really love this color combination and everything. :) Jack is cute. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. This so reminds me of the 80's, and I LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are gorgeous! I've seen the inspiration you mentioned before on the internet, and have been wanting to try this as well someday. Beautiful job :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. These look great for summer! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  16. aww this nail look is soo pretty! i def want to try that =]

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow this is a nice mani . I really want to try this freehand .

    ReplyDelete
  18. thanks everyone! and welcome to the newcomers!

    @toyomi - id love to try it freehand too! truth is, stamping is just so much quicker! if i had the time, id love to draw the palm trees! :D

    @Amanda N - please let me know if you do! id love to see! x

    @angie! yes it does have an 80s ring to it!

    @Gem - thank you!!!! practice makes perfect, i was messy to start with too! x

    @Freshie- i know, i love that plate, i wish it was more versatile, id use it everyday if i could! perfect for summer, my favourite look at the moment!

    @anna - it looks more complicated than it really is, but it does take patince, youre right!

    thank you everyone for commenting, i love to read them! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. The perfect summer mani I love it your lodger is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so beautiful. Perfect for summer.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so pretty looking, and so so summery! The colours suit this so well! Your dog is so cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Another great design! your so talented - some of the best nail art ive seen x I’ve tagged you in a blog award post.
    http://www.ablogfromblackpool.com/2011/07/best-blog-award.html
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  23. is this your inspiration picture http://nailartgallery.nailsmag.com/caryndenean/photo/240611/palm-trees/user

    ReplyDelete
  24. Super cute, love this idea. I can think of a cute variation of this I would like to try :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. loved your blog and I'm following you, you follow me too

    ReplyDelete
  26. such a happy creations I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Emily - I hope you are well!

    I'm back from my blogging break so thought I'd swing by to say hello. Loving the striped palm trees - I've never used Konad but would be interested to have a play - is it easy to use?

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. hey, just to let you know you won an award, you can check it out here http://alittlebitof-love.blogspot.com/2011/07/blog-awards.html xxx

    ReplyDelete
  29. What can i say?every time you're amazing me with your work:

    ReplyDelete