Wednesday, 5 October 2011

Autumn Leaves

It's getting to that time of year where I can't wait to crack out last years over-sized woolly jumpers, hats and scarves (as well as buy new ones!). Despite it being unseasonally warm in the UK last week, I have to admit that this summer baby is oh-so-keen to bury herself in winter clothes, drink mulled wine and go sledging. My nails reflect my mood and eagerness for the changing leaves:




I started with a base of Nails Inc Jermyn Street, a purple toned brown, and then sponged Nails Inc Candy Orange, American Apparel Manilla (yellow) and Barry M Bright Red onto random areas of the nail, to create the autumn-coloured  mottled effect. I then added a coat of Gosh Rainbow, an iridescent flakie topcoat that adds a subtle flash of red and green, before stamping the leafy image from Bundlemonster image plate BM04 with Miss Sporty Electric Beige. This caught the light differently at different angles and looked really pretty!

What do you think? What's your favourite part of Autumn?

Not my favourite song from him, but it's pretty appropriate, and I can't stop listening to him at the moment, everything he does is stunning:



Plus...I love a good ginger.

xx


18 comments:

  1. What a lovely mani!! I really like the leaf design and though I'm not a huge fan of orange it looks very pretty in this combo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am absolutely loving these fall manis :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW it looks awsome! i wasn't in the mood for autumn leaves yet but i'll also do one next week ;) greetings from germany

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your nail art never fails to amaze me! It's insanely detailed! xx

    www.a-place-for-beauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this mani! I will totally try something similar. This one gets pinterested :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really pretty design hun, love this, I have a similar colours, I might try this, I have a couple of plates at home too so shall see if i have a leafy one xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow!I've seen a lot of autumn leaves manicures lately but this is definitely my favourite, it's so effective!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love this-so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This really captures the essence of fall leaves, I like it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  10. so cute! i like the colors you choose.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is amazing! Im a new follower and stumbled across your blog while looking for nail art inspiration! This is fantastic! It's great to see a fellow UK dweller doing so well! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super pretty, really cool idea :) Love that you added the rainbow for extra effect ;D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful combination of colors. It loks sooooo great

    ReplyDelete
  14. Door Hokar Bhi Mere Paas Hai Aap, Meri Saanso Mein Basa Ek Ehsaas Hai Aap, Aap Ko Yeh Ehsaas Ho Na Ho, Par Mere Liye Bahut Khaas Satta King
    Play Bazaar

    ReplyDelete