Tuesday, 2 August 2011

PacMan French Manicure!

After painting on black french tips, I was suddenly reminded of the classic computer game, PacMan - after wondering how to incorporate this idea into a manicure for a while, I took the plunge and turned it into a PacMan "funky french"!

I started with three coats of Miss Sporty Et Voila French Manicure Pink, and waited for it to dry completely before applying scotch tape, leaving the tips exposed. I then painted the tips with Claire's Black Polish, and removed the tape immediately to ensure that the lines were crisp. I added a blue line to the very tip using a blue Nail Art Pen from Ebay. Using a white pen, I then added small white dots, and painted the ghost shape in white. I painted over the white ghost shapes once they were dry, using a dotting tool and China Glaze Papaya Punch (Orange), Barry M Turquoise (blue), Barry M Red (red) and Models Own Pastel Pink (pink). After adding the eyes with Claire's Black and White Nail Art Pen, I added a coat of Seche Vite. Done!




I had this on for a couple of days, it was a good laugh! Basically the first "funky french" I've ever attempted, as I wasn't sure I really liked the whole 'look' of them  - but this was cool :D I did have a PacMan on the thumb, but smudged it before I could take the pictures unfortunately...what a diiiick!

Let me know what you think guys! Don't forget about my Apothica $25 Giveaway! You've still got 1 week to enter!

xxx

43 comments:

  1. How absurdly adorable!!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious!!! Excellent job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has to be the coolest funky french ever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are so cute, love them xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow these are adorable . I like this mani a lot :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's super cute. I love it :) Can't wait to try it out myself :D

    http://iloveprettycolours.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Emily, this is so cute!! And what a great twist on other pacman manis.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the funkiest french manicure I've seen! It is amazingly cool! What a great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. thats soooooo cute!!! awesome mani

    ReplyDelete
  10. couldn't get more retro adorable than that! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to be just like you, and be able to do nail art that good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thats adorable and so good! Great job!(:

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this! It's so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a creative idea and you translated so much on such a small space, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is awesome! I need to do a Pacman mani!! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is the cutest french tip ever!!! you did a REALLY good job!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so cool! I did a pacman mani on my blog before I got some better tools and polishes.Yours is soooooo much better though! <3

    ReplyDelete
  18. this is soo cutee! I love the little pac-ys HEHEHE

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ha! This is an awesome mani ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  20. Super funky :) I can't believe you were able to do that on such a small space.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looks so nice..remind of the early days of computer when that was the only game available on DOS!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this game! It's so fun. Your mani is very cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love this so much! I need to try a pacman Mani! I have a pacman tattoo hehe:D

    ReplyDelete
  24. That is really cool, like this retro stuff. Maybe next time you can add a Mrs Packman, too, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  25. haha this is awesome!! :) Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Way beyond cool! Look how many comments. Stone-cold fifty below zero COOL.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Now that's a french made of pure win! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Very cute! It would have never even crossed my mind to do something like this, but I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete