Monday, 23 April 2012

Konad Nail Art - Musical Notes!

Aloha!

I really like how this manicure came out, I don't use my Konad plates nearly often enough, there are some adorable images on them but I tend to steer towards Bundle Monster. I started with a base of this creamy nude polish from Claire's Accessories, then sponged on Barry M Gold Foil sporadically onto the nail. I then used Konad Black Special Polish to stamp the sheet music image from Konad Image Plate M73. I added a coat of Seche Vite, cleaned up my cuticles with a cotton bud and nail polish remover (sponging is meesssyyy!) and VOILA:




So there it is...I think the gold sponging and cream base kind of make it look ye olde, like an old musical transcript haha! It's definitely one I'd do again, I love the image. Although it seems like there's only really one thing you can do with it, there are actually tons of possibilities! Let me know what you think!

32 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, I love that image! I think I might need to buy that plate just to have the music notes...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its a really great plate, its got the music and a really sute flowery image which is lovely! I recommend! :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! I love Claire's nail polish, and music lol
    btw, you are on my list of favorite blogs on the new nail blog i made like an hour ago :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you laura! I love claire's polish too - so cheap and i love their colour selection! aw thank you so much, ill be sure to check your blog out hun :D

      Delete
  3. I have a fake Konad plate with that image. Have to use it in a mani.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i recommend it, its so easy to do something cool with! x

      Delete
    2. Can you believe I actually came up with a similar combo?? I used Rival de Loop's 51, which is like a dusty light taupe with gold shimmer.

      Delete
  4. I love it! This is one of my fav Konad images it always turns out so well :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! I'm jealous of your stamping skills. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks zara :D practice makes perfect, i was rubbish when i first started and getting the lines of music straight was a nightmare haha! xx

      Delete
  6. pretty! it does look like old sheet music

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is sooo pretty! can you please do a tutorial on this? :)

    xoxo, misskatv.com ❤

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so gorgeous! I love the sponging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank yooou! It's dead easy to do, all you need is an old kitchen scrubber! :) xxx

      Delete
  9. OMG!! I am a classically trained pianist and thought you had used old music paper glued to your nails! This looks so real and ancient! I am simply in love with this! You should be proud of this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah i wish i could play the piano! that was the plan so im really glad you think it looks like it haha! thanks, I am rather proud of it :D xxx

      Delete
  10. Echt super leuk gedaan
    Ik volg je trouwens via bloglovin, volg je me terug? xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hadn't thought of using Barry M Gold foil for sponging before. You have inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it Emily!!! It's in my wishlist! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have been searching for a music inspired nail art and i have found it :D

    http://www.ovationspas.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Satta King
    Play Bazaar Mubarak Ho Tumko Ye Khushiyon Bhari Raat,
    Sajan Lene Aaye Hai Sajni Ka Haat,
    Salamat Rahe Dono Ki Ye Jodi,
    Rahe Dulah Dulhan hamesha Saath….

    ReplyDelete