Don't worry, these are MY nails, not those of Katie Price or any of the cast of The Only Way is Essex. I would never call myself a girly-girl (she says with a blog centred entirely around nail polish art and makeup), preferring to do more colourful, eyecatching and badass designs. This manicure is, however, the most trashy-fabulous you will ever see my nails haha. All that's missing is a giant 3D acrylic bow.
I've got exams coming up (BOOOO), so wanted something on my nails that would tempt me away from removing it and doing something else, to maximise revision time. Anyone whose ever had a full glitter manicure on, will know what an utter ARSE they are to remove. I am hoping that the fear of removal will make me concentrate harder on revision, and resist using nail polish as a distraction!
I started with two coats of Catrice Be My Millionaire, a silver polish, then added 4 coats of Models Own Juicy Jules. Juicy Jules is AMAZING, it's a holographic glitter, and catches the light beautifully - perfect for sunny days. I could have got away with 3 coats, but I wanted maximum glitter coverage. I had a hard time photographing the sheer awesomeness of this glitter, and I'm sure that if I had got it perfect, your eyes would have exploded anyway. I resorted to using a lamp directly over the nails, and using the macro setting (as opposed to the SUPERmacro setting) on my camera to blur the image sliiiighttly so you can see more of the holographic-ness. *gets a bit pic heavy from this point onwards...*
Juicy Jules on its own:
![]() |
| blurred so you can see the holographic sparkle |
![]() |
| a sharper picture that doesnt show the colours as much! also sorry for my STUPID index finger that broke, I know it looks ridiculous! |
I added a coat of Seche Vite to smooth it out and create a base for Barry M's new pink crackle polish Pink Fizz. I find the best way to use the Barry M crackles is to apply them thickly, as they crack better, with larger spaces between the pink bits. I hate it when you use a crackle and it barely cracks, so you can only just make out the base colour (I'm looking at you Boots 17!).
I added another coat of Seche Vite to top off the whole thing, and because the Barry M Instant Nail Effects dry Matte.
![]() |
| under the lamp |
![]() |
| under the lamp |
![]() |
| natural light |
I tried my best to capture it, but imagine all that holographic glitter shining through! BLINGTASTIC! Now, this was somewhat of an experiment, but I took a video on my camera to see if I can better show you the sparkle. The quality is pretty poor, but it does give you a good idea of the shine. (bloody nicked my cuticle right before though didn't I?!)
Hopefully you get an idea! I actually tweeted this manicure at Amy Childs from The Only Way is Essex (a trashy reality TV show over here in the UK - IT'S BRILLIANT), she is yet to reply though haha :P
Let me know what you think everyone, was it worth it to include a video? I really wasn't sure about it, but thought I would get some feedback from you :) I realise this isn't strictly Nail Art, but that's what I love about crackles, they add instant interest to a Manicure with minimal effort. I know they've been around a while now, but I've not seen this combo before :D
Em x





Whoa! That is one blingtastic mani!! Good luck with your exams :)
ReplyDeleteWow, that really is girly! But what a great way to keep you away from removing it! I have an exam beginning today too, maybe I should do the same?! I know I'll be so tempted to play with some polishes as a procrastination..! :)
ReplyDeleteThat is an awesome manicure!! I actually preferred it before the crackle, though. If you ever have some down time after you finish finals, could you check out my blog?
ReplyDeletehttp://livingwhileloving.blogspot.com
If I had this on my nails, I wouldn't want to remove it for awhile ;D
ReplyDeleteWOW!! gorgeous!! love the glitters and just like what Ari said, i wouldnt want to remove it for awhile. LOL
ReplyDeleteGreat idea! I dread glitter removal too, so hardly ever wear it. I love it though so I shouldn't let it put me off!
ReplyDeleteGood luck for your exams x
i really like this,love that you added a video too so we could see the polish in movement as i think that is when it really does sparkle and show itself off :)
ReplyDeleteshel xx
Holy Crap! I love it! I'm buying all these colours, they would look so cool for my holiday on my toes! Good Luck with your exams, I'm loving reading your blog! xx
ReplyDeleteWow, so pretty and shimmery @~@
ReplyDeleteI love it :D
I wish there were more affordable crackles over here. Rather than black/white. I got black, silver and gold, so I guess I can't complain.
ReplyDeleteAhhh I LOVE THIS. This is SO ME.
ReplyDeleteI am going to copy you. Thanks. ;D Hahaha
Good luck with your exams gaylord xxx
Soooo pretty, JJ nearly makes me dribble every time I see it! I wish I'd thought to put some crackle/shatter over mine.
ReplyDeleteI picked mine off after just more than 48 hours haha. Let me know how long yours lasts!
xx
This is great! Definitely something I'd try :-)
ReplyDeleteThis is amazing! I'm gonna try and do this look myself. I love the holographic glitter! xx
ReplyDeletelove it! i think i need to hunt through my stash for something so blingy to wear under crackle!
ReplyDeleteGood way to get yourself stuck in revision!! I wouldn't wanna be in your shoes when you have to remove this though - pheww!!!
ReplyDeletewhere did you get the Jucy Jules? I am in love
ReplyDeleteawesome =]
ReplyDeleteYou are so right about the 17 crackle. FAIL.
ReplyDeleteBut I think I like the Barry Ms better as matte! I surprised myself...
So pretty!!
ReplyDeleteI love this combination I just got barry m pink crackle in a swap. I gonna go and use it now!
ReplyDeleteThat would definitely be a great toe combo LOL! I'm a lot more brave with my toes than with my hands. I love the holo shining through.
ReplyDeleteI'm a tomboy at heart myself but sometimes I can be girly too - it happens to the best of us! ;D
ReplyDeleteWow this is so beautiful . I really like it .
ReplyDeletethe Barry M cracks so well! such a cute mani
ReplyDeleteI really like this! (:
ReplyDeleteCrazy manicure, I love it
ReplyDeleteLove the video, captures the sparkliness amazingly :D I must have Juicy Jules now, it's going straight to the top of my wish list :) xx
ReplyDeleteI would've never thought of the combination, but they go together PERFECTLY! I love how sparkly the base is. I think it was good that you added the short video, it showed me just how blingtastic the polish is that the photos could not.
ReplyDeleteGreat idea using a crackle polish over the Juicy Joules!
ReplyDeleteWow, that is beautiful! I love the glittery holo and the AMAZING crackle on top!
ReplyDeletewow I never thought of a glitter under the cracked effect! awesome look!!! xxxx
ReplyDeleteOh man, I love this (and have both polishes!). I'd love to know if it is a pain to remove though.
ReplyDeleteAaah great now I'm just gonna HAVE to shoot myself down to boots and grab this!!!
ReplyDeleteLol it looks pretty with the pink crackle too =) ♥