Sunday, 8 May 2011

Twist on the Traditional Leopard Print Look

I say "The Traditional" leopard print like animal print nails are the most common thing in the world, but here in the UK at least, you still don't see them that often! I love a leopard print manicure, it's so eye-catching, and there's so many different colour combinations to try out. Today is a grey and silver combo, and my first time doing leopard print with the Konad M57, as opposed to my usual freehand technique - which do you think is better?



moley moley moley moley

All photos are in natural light, no flash. I started out with 2 coats of Urban Oufitter's Sparkle and Fade in Light Grey, and then stamped the leopard print image from Konad M57 using Konad Black Special Polish. Does anyone else find this relly messy to work with?! I find it gets eeeeverywhere and my hands always end up covered in it haha! Maybe I just need to improve my technique! I added silver dots to the centre of the circular designs using Claire's Silver Nail Art Pen. I finished off with 2 coats of Seche Vite Topcoat.
What do you think?  What other colour combos would you try? I'm dying try a neon one!

x

27 comments:

  1. Thats gorgeous, I love leopard nails too, I've tried Turqouise & gold and Blue & pink on my blog love them :-) Currently wearing Ladybird nails though x

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks perfect! i personally like this design better because i like how its smaller and more of the spots fill up the nail (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. when will you post the giveaway winner ? x:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a really wonderful job! Love it :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love leopard print too...legit, it's my go to mani when I want to konad and can't think of anything to do.
    Yours came out beautifully too...so neat, like all your other designs. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. :) I have same manicure just with pink base and black and white combo. :)) So funny! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like this colour combo for the Leopard print. Really well done! I have issues with the Konad black as well... However, it does stamp in a crisp black... I have yet to find another "regular" polish that leaves such a crisp black stamp

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this color combo! I did a leopard print mani using the same shades, just differnet brands and I received so many compliments on the color combo. I call it my "dirty snow leopard" look, lol. Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! I have yet to try my leopard Konad but it is on my list for next manicure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I actually never have any problems with the Konad special polishes, they seem to work better for me than any other polishes. But maybe it is me who needs to work on my technique. :p

    ReplyDelete
  11. They look gorgeous!! I love both print and your freehand design:D Are you gonna try other colour combos?? GJ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lol, I love your introduction. I also love this manicure! I've been wanting to try leopard print for months but I still haven't. A combination of pastels might make a good alternative?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loooove leopard manis! And yours is so pretty...love the colours you chose to do this :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the freehand the best :) But this is great too!

    I seriously lol'ed at your 'moley moley moley' comment! So Austin Powers! haha

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have yet to try this... I really should huh? It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love all kinds of leopard print and these are amazing. I'm yet to try leopard in different colours/ shades.

    ReplyDelete
  17. God, I love leopard print. ALWAYS LEOPARD PRINT. <3


    Ohh Emily, look at you - 601 followers in like 3 months! I told you you were good mate ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love non-traditional leopard print!!!! I want to have a go at a green one when I get the chance. x

    ReplyDelete
  19. hey please check out my blogspot,- walk-on-the-wildside.blogspot.com
    thanks, i subscribe back:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. absolutely love these btw, really cute.

    ReplyDelete