Monday, 26 March 2012

Revlon Facets of Fuscia

This polish has been out for while, but I only recently decided to purchase it - I love glitter polishes but rarely wear them because I change my nails so often and glitters are an absolute PAIN to remove! Revlon Facets of Fuchsia looked too lovely to pass up though! Revlon seem to be making a habit out of duping Deborah Lippmann polishes, with Facets of Fuchsia widely regarded as a dupe for Bad Romance, and their recent release Revlon Whimsical bearing an uncoincidental resemblance to Deborah Lippmann's Glitter in the Air!

Although I realise it must be irritating (to say the least) to large luxury polish brands to have their colours duped, I am glad that the Revlon equivalents are available because they are a fraction of the price - it makes them more accessible to everyone! On one hand, I wish Revlon would stop doing it, to save Deborah Lippmann's brand integrity, but on the other hand LOTS OF PINK GLITTER ON MY NAILS THAT DIDN'T BREAK MY BANK! My head says "no" and my heart says "GIMME!". It is a case of extreme inner turmoil, I tell you, I am a mess.

This is 3 coats of Revlon Facets of Fuchsia, a black jelly base with pink glitter of different sizes:



 I added a Matte Top Coat which gives an interesting effect! Let me know what you think on the comments - I know there is a lot of buzz about duping in the polish community at the moment, where do you stand? Is it worth twice the money to support luxury brands and stand up for intellectual property rights? Or should big polish brands expect to be copied and are you glad to have an affordable equivalent that you may not usually have access to?

And what do you think of Facets of Fuchsia, I suppose, forgetting the politics of it all!


21 comments:

  1. I love this mattified! I hadn't thought about doing that.
    I feel like I am the same as you when it comes to dupes. I love being able to afford the cheaper versions, and I think as long as luxury nail polish brands exist the drugstore brands will continue to try and dupe them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure where I stand on the politics of it all, but I LOVE Facets of Fuschia. It's so rock& roll! And I fully intend on getting Bad Romance. Because I need both, obviously... xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just totally unmoved by FoF, ended up giving it to a friend after one go. I guess after all the hype I was expecting a lot more, but it doesn't come close to my fave glitters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is soo pretty and gorgeous in a matte finish! i have seen this before and put it down, but after seeing this i have to go pick it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I say that any polish that costs more than $10 is ridiculous and I will definitely buy affordable dupes! I just bought this yesterday actually, but I haven't tried it yet. I love it matte!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I regard duping as being kind of similar to pharmaceutical companies, where the company that did the research holds a patent for a while and then the generics can copy it. For luxury brands, there will always be the avid nail philes and brand snobs who will purchase from the luxury brand. I'm sure they make tons of money while they are the only ones putting out the original, and keep making a fair amount even after the dupes come out. Later, people with less money to spend will support the low cost brands that put out good dupes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and I really like Facets of Fuschia, but could never get it on sale until last week. If it's half as good as the WnW dupe of Ruby Red Slippers, I'll be happy. It looks good in your swatches, both matte and original versions. :)

      Delete
  7. I love the color....its pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love this with the matte coat on top! And I totally agree with you about dupes, while it may be frustrating to the companies that did it first, as a consumer I will gladly take the less expensive and more readily available option!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad that there are affordable options out there. There are plenty of people, like myself, who just can't afford to spend $16 on one bottle of polish and it's nice to have the look of luxury brands for cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've had this for abour 2 months and still haven't blogged about it or even tried it on a nail! I really need to dig it out. Love your nails Emily! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing nails, especially when they are matte!! I have to go buy a matte topcoat for my nail polishes!! Absolutely love it! :)

    Come check out my fashion blog, if u want, The Cabinet Of Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  12. Matte is where it's at...Beautiful.

    Dupes will always be around but there can only one Original. I like the LoOk for less as I own FoF but if I had the money & came across the original, I'd splurge

    ReplyDelete
  13. I still adore my FoFuchsia, I need to get a backup bottle to be honest as I think I wil go through all of mine soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. the matte coat is just TOP. followed you naildoerdarling! :) hope you'll do the same. I fancy nail work as well. BUT,, not as talented as you. hehe

    www.isle-of-view.blogspot.com
    "repeat 'isle of view' 5 times. Find something? ;)"

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was completely stoked to find this in a local drugstore! It is absolutely beautiful.

    I think that as long as there are fabulous polishes out there that are hard to find, or hard to afford, there will be dupes. I'm okay with them.

    If there is a better formula, better density, etc. in the higher priced original then I'd think about buying it. If a $3.99 polish looks and acts exactly the same as an $18 one, I'll go for the cheaper one.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really like it matte. I completely agree with you - it's not fair really to dupe higher end brands... and yet I still buy them. :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I prefer this matte! I've never seen it matified before but it's gorgeous! And this whole duping polishes thing is getting crazy with drama. If it's OK for the bigger brangs - Deborah Lippmann, etc - to be duped by Wet N Wild and Revlon, then I guess people duping smaller brands - Lynderella, etc - then it sucks since it affects a single person that an entire corporation, but it'll happen, especially when there is such a demand! I dunno, I'm trying to stay out of it! P.S. new follower, love yourstuff!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just FYI, this polish is now called Revlon Scandalous.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Har shaam suhani nahi hoti Har ‪‎chahat‬ ke piche koi kahani nahi hoti Kuch to asar jaroor hoga ‪‎mohobbat‬ mein Varna duniya meri mohobbat mein yun di Satta King
    Play Bazaar

    ReplyDelete