You'll all be thrilled to know, I'm sure, that I spent my weekend pretty much immersed in nail polish and therefore have lots and lots of new manicures to show you! I picked up Barry M's Croc Nail Effects the other day, but wasn't really expecting to like the results. I thought it would be too subtle and a poor alternative to the crackle effects - I was proved wrong, however, and I actually really like the effect it has given!
You apply the polish just like a crackle polish, with the thickness of the layer determining the type of crackle you get. the thinner the layer, the smaller the cracks, the thicker the layer the bigger the cracks (within reason - don't go plooping loads of it onto your nail, it will just get messy!) I started with a base of Barry M Gold Foil Effects, and found the Croc Effect worked better over a "touch dry" base, rather than a completely dry coat! I applied a medium coat and it took about 2 minutes to crack fully, leaving tiny vein-like cracks in the black polish - just like crocodile skin!
![]() |
| index finger - moments after Barry M Croc Nail Effects application |
![]() |
| Barry M Croc Effects 2 minutes after application |
This polish also dries shiny (as opposed to the matte crackles), so this is with no topcoat. i'm two days later and I have to say it has worn pretty well, considering it's just 2 thinnish layers of polish! Nice one Barry M! As I said, I wasn't really expecting to like this effect all that much and it is very subtle to the naked eye, but its really grown on me and I've ended up loving my scaly fingers! Mmmm scaaallyyyy.
| A different kind of scaly, crocodile fingers |
Thanks everyone, let me know what you think on the comments!
(Did I make up the word "plooping"? I'm pretty sure I did. I'm Captain Dictionary, over here.)




I really, really like it!
ReplyDeleteHave resisted because I was sure it'd be just like the crackle but this is gorgeous :)
This is gorgeous! So much nicer than the crackle polish x x xx x
ReplyDeleteI almost wish I hadn't seen this because I didn't think the croc effect would be that good... but this is awesome and I think I need it now!!! :)
ReplyDeletexGretalRabbitx
You got it right Louise? I love this colorrr
DeleteOMG this is stunning, I too thought it was like the shatters gotta get it now:)thanks for sharing
ReplyDeleteWow!!! That effect is waaaay cooler than the standard crackle effect (of which I thought it was pretty cool!)
ReplyDeleteThis looks great :D x
ReplyDeleteOh dang, I'm loving the effect of this crackle!
ReplyDeleteHad a massive giggle at the word 'plooping' - tickled me a bit!
ReplyDeleteI can't get the hang of this croc effect one, it always looks rubbish when I do it! xoxo
This looks super cool :) I love the colors
ReplyDeleteThis is so much better than regular crackle!
ReplyDeleteThis looks amazing!!!!! <3
ReplyDeleteAmazing!
ReplyDeletethis is great , although the aligator hand is creepy!!!! LOL
ReplyDeleteDon't really like regular shatter, but love the croc effect!
ReplyDeleteI never got into shatter, but man this is amazing!!
ReplyDeleteVery cool!
ReplyDeleteI really like the effect of this nail polish, much nicer than your traditional crackle polishes!
ReplyDeletebeautifulsmudges.blogspot.com
I love how this looks. It's much better then the ones that kind of look like shredded paper (at least to me that's what they remind me of :P).
ReplyDeleteLooks fantastic, really impressed :)
ReplyDeleteI love this crackle effect!
ReplyDeleteI couldn't get it to work on me, it looked horrendous! But I saw a youtube vid where the woman used a hairdryer to speed it up so next time I ploop some on I'll try that lol
ReplyDeleteHx
Ooo I really like it!
ReplyDeleteMuch prefer this croc effect to other crackles, your nails look lovely too.
ReplyDeleteWOW, i love this! Beautiful :)
ReplyDeleteSO much nicer than cracke!! I really like it.
ReplyDeleteawesome I put-off buying this for months,
ReplyDeleteWow!! I love this much better of the crackle!! Great purchase
ReplyDelete
ReplyDeleteيسعدنا تقديم كافة خدمات نقل العفش والشحن الدولى الى من السعودية الى الاردن من السعودية الى الامارات شحن من جدة للاردن تنظيف منازل وخزانات ورش مبيدات ومكافحة حشرات شحن دولى من الرياض للامارات
اضغط على الخدمة لتصل الى موقعنا
نقل عفش من جدة الى الاردن
شركة نقل عفش من جدة الى الاردن
شحن الاثاث من جدة الى الاردن
شركات نقل العفش من جدة للاردن
اجراءات نقل العفش للاردن
شحن من جدة الى عمان
شركات النقل البرى من جدة الى الاردن
شحن اثاث من السعودية الى الاردن
اجراءات نقل الاثاث من السعودية الى الاردن
شحن من جده للاردن
اسعار شحن الاثاث من السعودية الى الاردن
رش مبيدات ومكافحة حشرات بجدة
شركة تنظيف خزانات بجدة
شركة تنظيف منازل بجدة
==========================
نقل عفش من الرياض الى الامارات
شركة نقل عفش من الرياض الى الامارات
شحن الاثاث من الرياض الى الامارات
شركات نقل العفش من الرياض للامارات
شركة شحن عفش من الرياض الي الامارات
شحن من الرياض الى دبى
شركة نقل عفش من الرياض الى دبي
شحن اثاث من السعودية الى الامارات
شركة شحن عفش من الرياض الى الامارات
شركة شحن من الرياض الى الامارات
شحن من الرياض للامارات
شركة شحن من السعودية الى الامارات
شركة شحن من السعودية لمصر
شركة شحن من الرياض لمصر
Satta King
ReplyDeletePlay Bazaar Zindagi Ka Safar Toh Ek Haseen Safar Hai
Her Kisii Ko Kisii Na Kisii Ki Talash Hai
Kisii Ke Pass Manzil Hai Toh Raah Nahi
Aur Kisii Ke Pass Rah Hai Toh Manzil Nahi…
اهم الخدمات التى تقدمها شركة انوار الحرمين فى مجالات نقل العفش والشحن الدولى بجدة مكة الطائف الرياض
ReplyDeleteشركة شحن من السعودية الى الامارات
شركة نقل عفش من جدة الى الاردن
نقل عفش جدة
شركه نقل عفش بجده
نقل عفش مكة
نقل عفش الرياض
شركات نقل العفش من جدة للامارات
شركة نقل عفش من الرياض الى الاردن
شركات نقل العفش من الرياض للامارات