So here is the plan: For today (and maybe tomorrow), leave your comments below, suggesting what else you would do to the design, were it on your own nails - would you add a glitter topcoat? Freehand in some Rain-clouds? Add Black Crackle? Shooting stars? Add some Bling? I want you to decide the next step in this Manicure!
After a period of 24hrs or so, I will choose my favourite suggestion and bring it to life - the winner gets an extra TEN ENTRIES in my Giveaway (if you haven't already entered then I will enter you :D) and, of course, all credit and linkage will go to you! Here is what you have to work with, and to get your creative juices flowing!
![]() |
| All colours over white, using a striping brush. |
Here is a list of what I own so you can make sure your design is possible, with the equipment I own, before you suggest something involving unicorn tears, or phoenix feathers:
- Freehand - ANYTHING GOES - I love a challenge, and have nail art brushes and pens/polishes in every colour, so go wild - anything from your favourite cartoon to a polished reconstruction of your life story is coool with me.
- Scotch tape - would you tape a section (or sections) off, and change the colours around? Any colour goes!
- Glitter topcoat in any colour, including holographic and big hex glitter
- Loose glitter in silver, purple, pink
- Crackle Topcoat in black (Barry M)
- French tips
- Fimo cane ( the usuals: fruit, teddy bears, butterflies, flowers etc) see this post for a selection
- Rhinestones in clear, pink, yellow, lilac, green, mint green, gold, little red stars.
- All of the FIRST Bundle Monster set, for stamped designs
- Konad M57, M79, M73, M29
- Born Pretty Store Hello Kitty plate
- Matt topcoat
- Sponges for a gradient effect
- Kiss White Daisy Nail Stickers



Most definitely M57 it with some black leopard print. Top it off with some unicorn tears ;)
ReplyDeleteNice result.
ReplyDeletei absolutely love it!!!! it's just amazing!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/jakerome/3065903183/
ReplyDeleteSee this rainbow on flickr? You block off your nails in squares/diamonds 9 or 16 per nail. Or just do one hyper-special accent nail. Each square has a different layering topcoat to recreate the effect. Holo TC. Glitter TC. Illamasqua Prism.
This is nice. Love it!
ReplyDeleteI love it just the way it is!
ReplyDeletemaybe sponging?
Have you seen the scotch tape rays that Erika from Chloe's Nails does? Like, she takes tiny strips of tape and makes "rays' all from one point at the cuticle... and then paints a color over them. The effect is really cool!
ReplyDeleteGold glitter funky french tips so that it looks like the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow :) maybe a few different golds, some chunky and some smaller.
ReplyDeleteI love the design, I neeeeeed some striper brushes!
i think what you need...is a massive shower of stars >.<
ReplyDeleteI think it be pretty cool is you freehanded something retro like a radio or lava lamp, or something of that nanture then put a sparkly silver glitter topcoat it be rocking.<3
ReplyDeleteIf it were my nails I would freehand some white French tip bubbly clouds. Or add rainbow brite as an accent nail! When I painted her it was a lot of fun!!
ReplyDeletebundle monster cupcakes. all over them. and don't forget to add rhinestones as the cherry on top!
ReplyDeleteOk so this is a little out there haha but.. freehand clouds with raindrops, but go from super dark gray cloud on the pinky and make them whiter as you go towards the thumb. Then on the thumb make white clouds, no rain drops, with a sun poking out, and flowers "blooming" from your cuticle. I'm thinking I'm really inspired by the horrible weather today. hah
ReplyDeleteI guess I would try to put a sheer holo on top and see if the colours still shine through!=D
ReplyDeletePick two of the colors (maybe the red and light blue) and add loose glitter of the same color to that stripe!
ReplyDeleteSponge (if you own one.. otherwise just dub it on with brush) a pastely coloured... perferably cream/light blue or white on the top of the nail (near the cuticles), does not need to be even - just messy but curvy like a cloud... matte coat the blotch so the rainbow still stands out more than it...and "gradient" the holo overcoat from the cloud with more holo near the coat and less near the tip to give it a "magicial" effect. Add a little bit of glitter, doesn't matter if it is a polish or losse as long as it's blueish? to represent rain... but not too much.
ReplyDeleteI just thought of another idea after reading the other's input! It just randomly made me think of "Rainbow Road" from them Nintendo Mario Kart games.
ReplyDeleteHand paint a big star with a creamy yellow (this can be replaced with a black polish with minimal glitter so it doesn't take the focus away from teh rainbow) but don't fill it in... fill in the outside so the star has the rainbow in the middle. Matte the yellow, add a rhinestone to each of the 5 points of the star - any colour but if you own smaller rhines, add one between each bigger rhines of the points.
You could move the star all over the nail.. like for example it's closer to the tip of the nail and only 3 points are showing and then on another nail four points are showing but it's closer to the cuticles but to a corner.
I am loving ALL of these!! How am i going to choose just one?! Thanks so much you guys for getting enthusiastically involved! keep them coming! xxx
ReplyDeleteHere's a very simple design you can add to it: Tape off half of your nail diagonally and paint the nails black.
ReplyDelete- I know, it's very simple, but I just love simple designs with a twist. And if it's too simple a glitter top coat can always spice it up ;)
Also, check out my blog, peeps: http://lifeandloveinpictures.blogspot.com/
Well, I love love *love* what you can do on your nails, so I'll give you a lil' bit of a challenge (well, at least it would be for me :D). Since it's all about rainbows, how about drawing a pot full of gold on one nail and maybe on the other a Leperchaun jumping from one nail to the other, losing his hat on the way? :) It's a bit 'St. Patrick's Day', I know, but I don't connect Leperchauns only to that day, it's an Irish tale and mythology that I connect to rainbows. :)
ReplyDeleteThe other idea I had was simply black shatter over this. It would look totally awesome! :)
I would do a gradient of gold glitter from the tip of the nail, and I would draw a pot of gold just where the glitter was strongest! Those nails are gorgeous anyway ^^ xxx
ReplyDeleteI am not feeling particularly creative at the moment but what I would do with this is either stamp or freehand large and small silver stars over top and then do black crackle on top to get get hints of silver and rainbow. *shrugs* Or some glittery silver clouds with black french tips.
ReplyDeletei love it already, is amazing,
ReplyDeletebut i thingk some simple spots would look effective
-maybe using a dotting tool, dot them diagonaly geting bigger in white, you could finish by using a mate coat :) x x
Cut out shapes with scotch tape (I use masking/painter's tape just because it's easier to manipulate.); heart, diamond, club, and spade. Tape nail and paint over with black. I'd leave the thumb untouched.
ReplyDeleteThat said, I agree with Ulmiel. Black shatter over this would look amazing.
i love this design on its own aswell before what you have done to it :)
ReplyDeleteshel xx
That is an amazing mani! *dies* LOVE IT!
ReplyDeleteluv it!
ReplyDeletei would do one of the following:
ReplyDelete1)add black crackle
2)add a top coat like out the door northern lights
3)paint a tiny unicorn on the accent nails
4)write the word 'love' in pink across the four main nails of both hands or 'love' and 'free'. This one is my favorite, actually