Monday, 7 March 2011

Back to Nature

After a couple of unfortunate breakages, I'm sporting the short nail look for a while! I really don't mind it, I'm used to short nails, and I think you can still get some great looks with them :)
I painted my Nails using Claire's dark green jade colour, and obviously I can never leave my manicure alone! so I added some Konad in a shimmery, metallic green. It makes me want to go and live in the forest haha!

Here is the Claire's dark green on her own:-


And here's the full manicure after I finished playing around with it!
This was quite difficult to photograph, as I was losing light, and the Konad is pretty subtle anyways, only showing when the light catches it in the right way. It's pretty IRL though!
A blurrier photo with no flash, but it captures the pattern better:-
So there we are! The polishes I used are:-
  • Claire's Jade Green
  • Barry M, shade 284, to stamp the swirly pattern from BM19
  • Bloom Goldie to stamp the flower from BM03 onto the thumb and accent nail
  • Barry M Topcoat
I hope you all had lovely weekends, I unfortunately have badly sprained ankle (more like a MANKle at the moment, all black&blue!), which is going to impact on my Fifty Fit challenge!! Hopefully I can be back at the gym in a couple of days! My best childhood friend, Emma, is coming over tonight and we're going to cook Thai food and talk about the good ol' days!!
xxxx

8 comments:

  1. I love you blog and have nominated you for the versatile blogger award! Check it out here... http://rachlovesleopardprint.blogspot.com/2011/03/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love short nails...i always have odd breaks when i grow them..so i just refuse to grow them now lol!

    i love you blog!

    And love this manicure!

    /hugs!

    http://spellbindingnails.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Sarahlouise1986 - thank so much :D i know im terrible for breaking them when theyre long, im a clumsy soul! i see oure in birmingham aswell! nice to see a local konad-er!! your blog is also great!!

    @iloveleopardprint - thanks rachel! i really appreciate that!!! ill hopefully do my "7 things" (not in a horrible miley cyrus way - haha!) tomorrow! and another mani tomorrow since ive chipped this one already doing the washing up!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely nail-art!
    I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the double stamping you did here! It came out great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG. I love your blog. My name's Anna, I'm a stylist and visual merchandiser in LA. I just started my own Fashion site. Check it out for multiple post a day on all things fashion. I'm following, I hope you'll follow back.
    Thanks love. xoxo.

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your nubbins, they look great :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ fash boulevard - nice to meet you, thanks for following :)

    @cathryn - hahaa you gotta love the nubs! x

    moondancerjen - thank you! i was worried it would turn into a hot mess, but it came out alright! :D

    ReplyDelete