![]() |
| The larger looking patch of purple on my pinky isn't a crack...its a smudge...lolz |
![]() |
| Looking at these photos, it's growing on me.... |
I'm not quite sure what I make of it so far. I like that it's freely available, cheap and a different colour to the other crackle polishes out there, but I prefer to see more of the base colour showing through. I also wish it was more gold.
Underneath the Crackle is Barry M Boots Ltd Edition, and its such a gorgeous mid-purple that it upsets me that it cant be seen through that much! It doesn't seem it from the photos, but my nails literally just look like a Champagne colour from a distance. The application was a dream though, this is a thin coat (thick coat on the thumb - they kind of crackled the same though, regardless) and it's a really smooth polish with a lovely shimmer. It doesn't dry as matte as the Barry Ms, nor is it as gloopy and fast-drying. You can see Barry M Instant Nail Effects HERE for comparison. Barry M cracks more - same purpose, totally different effects! Jury is still out on which one I prefer, they are both very different.
I have a different topcoat on the other hand, which I can't wait to show you tomorrow - I love it! :D
Have you tried this new crackle? What do you think?
My brother, who has recently discovered my blog, is hankering for a shout out, and threw a huge strop yesterday when I forgot to mention him! This makes him sound 10 years old. He is 18, but still has the mind of a child. :P
HELLO EDWARD!
And in keeping with the theme of this blog, here is a picture of the face-paint I did for him last Halloween. Face-painting is another would-be hobby of mine, had I more opportunity to practice it!
![]() |
| Scary Clown, why so serious?! |




Nice nails.
ReplyDeleteI got my first crackles recently, on a visit to Berlin and they're a great foolproof way of upgrading your manis. I got the P2 ones in silver, black and the newly released gold.
ReplyDeleteI'd love to try some cheap ones in colours, though.
Btw, spooky bodypainting (but very impressive).
ooo love it!
ReplyDeleteWhere did you find this in boots?...Ill have to keep my eyes open next time im in Birmingham city centre
/Hugs
What a pretty crackle, and I like the combination you did with purple. :)
ReplyDelete@marox79 - yeah ive heard the P2 ones are good, im sure theirs is more gold than this one isnt it? Barry M hav released a pink, blue and white, theyre like £3.99, and models own collection is coming out and theyre a fiver, so not too steep! :)
ReplyDelete@Sarah Louise - yeah babes, just on display like! i think its come out as part of some kind of collection, but they had plenty of stock in the bullring boots :)
The Boots one you have to use only thin coats, I find.
ReplyDeleteI really like the final effect! and it's a good thing about the price...
ReplyDeletebtw, there's an award for you :)
I like it a lot! I do think that it should be a more prominent gold tho!
ReplyDeleteWeee thank you hunny - its not far from my office in town!...Ill have a weeee look or two =))) xx
ReplyDelete@LemonyEmily: You can take a look at the gold one if you like.
ReplyDeletehttp://juntasperonorevueltas.blogspot.com/2011/03/p2-710-soulful-esmalte-nailpolish.html
@marox79 oooh thanks! yeah thats much golder :( this 17 one has grown on me, i must say! x
ReplyDelete@sarahlouise1986 - boy just dont understand, tut back!!! i know just how hard it is to stay away from the cosmetic counters when youre just passing through! no will power whatsoever!
@Alice - you're so lovely, thanks so much for the award xxxxxxxxx
@sweetlikejelly - i know i wish it was a really trashy blingy gold - but that might just be my outrageous alter-ego. this one is nice though, dont get me wrong xxx