The sun is shining in Birmingham today - which is rare - and it's made me happy!! I've wanted to do this Manicure ever since I received Konad M79, and I was waiting for the right occasion!!
On four out of five nails is a sunny day, but there's a thunderstorm on the accent nail! I was so twitchy drawing that lightning bolt hahaha!
the polishes I used are:
- Blue base - Barry M Turquoise
- Claire's White Nail Art Pen for stamping the Clouds off Konad M79, and to draw a base for the lightning bolt
- accent nail base - Sparkle and Fade (Urban Outfitters) in Grey.
- Lightening bolt - Drawn over white base with a toothpick in Miss Sporty Taxi!.
- Dark Clouds stamped with Barry M Charcoal Grey.
- Barry M topcoat.
I've also just had a brain wave - if I were to do it again, I'd add some sparse silver glitter under the clouds and lightening on the accent nail to look like rain. I WISH I'd thought of this before!!!! Damn!





This is so clever, you're really artistic!! :D
ReplyDeleteI've seen the blue clouds on plenty of blogs but the thunder storm accent nail? Totally cool and unique! If I had the cloud stamp I would totally copy you ;)
ReplyDeleteThanks for the award btw, I'd gotten one other before but just ignored it . I thunk now I'll post it so that others can know me personally better. So thanks!
OMG that is such a cute mani! Probably the most artistic I've seen in a while *squeels* :D
ReplyDeleteSo following you!
what a cute idea! I always think of clouds as white on blue or vice versa but never a stormy cloud color scheme! AWESOME! I've been wanting M79 for awhile now. This is just making me want it more.
ReplyDeleteThanks so uch everyone! all your lovely comments are making me want to do a full mani in stormy clouds! maybe the next time im in a gloomy eeyore mood!
ReplyDelete@Leslie - yeah ive seen the blue cloud look a million times, but still liked it. just wanted to put my own stamp on it! i think this makes it a bit different!
@Moondancerjen - thank you :D I'm losing track of exactly how many konad plates i want (no...NEED) so i just say ALL OF THEM from now on!
@Olivia - thank you so much i always appreciate a new follower, cheers for your comment it always makes me smile :)
you DID THAT? :O
ReplyDeleteAHAHAHAHAH you should see my nails after i've tried to do a mani! they are taking "pathetic" to a whole new level
*jealous*
@JeanneS - i only started doing nail art a month ago! If you've got the ideas in our head, there are tools out there that can help you, trust me - if i can do it ANYONE can! xxx
ReplyDeleteI love this!!! The lightening bolt is a great touch. Great picks for the colors.
ReplyDeleteBeauts Em, you're making me want to quit my job and just spend all day doing nails and make up hahhaa xxx
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteOoooow so cute! Now I am so looking forward to summer...let the wind come quick ;)
ReplyDeleteSo creative! This is soooooo cute, i love cloud manis =)
ReplyDeletei hope the wind comes quick too! i need a tan!! thanks for the kind words guys, this is one of my favie manis so far :)
ReplyDelete